Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Flannel and Franklin

One of my co-workers has an adorable little boy named Franklin. He and I are buddies. He will tell you so. I have hung out with him a couple of times at Chuck E. Cheese, and read him stories and entertained him during company baseball games and Christmas parties. Franklin goes to daycare at a little school right behind our office, and even now his mother is trying to arrange for me to do a storytelling session there on one of my lunch breaks! Yay!

I am working on stories for the session...on the assumption that is going to happen!

One that I definitely want to do is a retelling of The Mitten by Jan Brett. It is a cute story, and I think I have figured out a really cool hook. I am going to make the animal characters out of felt, or find small figurines. Then I will get a mitten and show the animals crawling in one by one. I was concerned about the animals sizes until I remembered that in Jenine's Old Woman who Swallowed a Fly the animals weren't to scale.

More bulletins as ideas hit me...

No comments: