Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Fell off the Couch

I went to the library yesterday on my way home from work and picked up a TON of picture books. I had placed a bunch on hold, and then literally went through the children's section grabbing anything with a slightly interesting title. I didn't even open most of them, and didn't get a chance to read any of them before bed last night.

I got off work early today, so decided to be productive. This involved sitting on my couch with some hot chocolate and a 2'4" stack of picture books on the floor next to me. (Yes, I actually measured.)

Most of the books ended up being a little bland. They just did not jump out and scream: "Use me for storytelling!"

A few did, quite literally, beg to be retold with flannel or felt...

One, however, actually made me laugh to the point of falling off the couch. (I don't know if it is really this funny, or if I am just sleep deprived and over-caffeinated.) It reminded me very much of Ugly Fish. I guess I just like off-beat, slightly vicious, grumpy story lines.

Anyway, the book is Grumblebunny by Bob Hartman. Everyone should go out and buy it...immediately...or at least get it at their local library!

No comments: