Saturday, May 31, 2008

Hair and Back Again

I had a hard time deciding on a story for the "My Story" assignment.

At first I was going to do some anecdotes from my brother's, sister's, and my childhood. However, in order for it to turn out as I had envisioned, I was going to need to find a good illustrator. While my brother has the skills and was willing to do it, he just didn't have the time.

Next, I decided to recount a story from when I was studying abroad in Prague...mostly because of the plethora of pictures I had available to accompany it. Unfortunately, I couldn't locate my letters home to check facts and get some ideas.

While looking through photos, though, I came across one from the night before classes my freshman year of college. I had found my story.

It is uploaded to the left...and called Hair and Back Again: A Blonde Girl's Tale.

I suppose if anyone from class wanted to tell it, they could. But, seeing as how it is fairly specific to my life, I don't think anyone will.

Also, as long as we are discussing the topic of hair...there is a hilarious book called If I Had Long, Long Hair that is similar in theme to my story. I don't think it would make a good flannel board story, but maybe with a wig, or a puppet whose hair could "grow"...At the very least, it is great for a traditional storytime session at a library!

2 comments:

robynsnest said...

Enjoyed reliving this era in your life...well-told, Megan

Dana said...

I loved it! You are very well spoken.